United Auto Supply is looking for a reliable, hard-working Purchasing Agent to fill out our team. Do you have experience in purchasing? Are you ready to explore the automotive industry? Do you enjoy problem solving?
If you answered yes to these questions, then apply today!
We offer competitive wages, health insurance, vacation time, 401k and more!
- Prepare purchase orders, and verify specifications and pricing
- Forwarding orders to vendors including monitoring and expediting the orders
- Verify purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list
- Forward available inventory items by verifying stock; scheduling delivery
- Obtain recommendations from vendors for substitute items when necessary, and obtain approval from requisitioning department
- Verify receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolve shipment errors with suppliers
- Authorize payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation to accounting
- Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents
- Provides purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Tracking budget expenses
- Develope excellent working relationships with vendors
- Provide customer service to vendors and co-workers
- Manage supplies, equipment, and parts in multiple warehouses
- Understand manufacturing methods and procedures
- Must be to work consistently on time
- Prior purchasing experience required
- Auto industry knowledge not necessary
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent computer skills; specifically Microsoft Excel and Word
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates or better preferred, but not required
Monday through Friday position, no weekends!